22 August 2010

Productivity?

After getting in touch with my inner sloth for the past couple of days, today was surprisingly productive.  I detailed my car, every inch of it, and those who know me understand what a great accomplishment this is.  I took out two garbage bags full of trash and two garbage bags full of clothes and other keepables.  Then I took it up to the car wash where I spent $3.00 in quarters using the heavy duty vacuum.  For anybody who knows me and has seen the inside of my car, you understand this.  Also, for anyone who doesn't have a dog who rides in their car, know that even $3.00 in the heavy duty vacuum is no match for dog hair on the car seats.

The machine wouldn't read my credit card so I had to go home and wash my car by hand.  I washed all the windows, cleaned the headlights, and Armor-All'ed the interior.  For good measure I added an air freshener so now my cherry red Mustang smells like cherries =)

After that I ran.  I'm now done with Week 6 of the Couch to 5K.  I ran for 25 minutes straight, which worked out to roughly 2.25 miles, which is a personal record.  Still not very fast though.  I'm going to keep increasing my time running and work on speed later.  I have my first 5K on September 19th and I feel like I'll probably finish in about 40 minutes.  Not spectacular, but I'll be excited just to finish at all!  The entirety of Week 7 is running for 25 minutes.  They want you to run 2.5 miles in that time but I'm not at a 10 minute mile pace by any means so I'll do my best.

Cherie and I have spent the last couple hours talking about and planning our year in Columbus.  I'm getting more excited as the days go by, but also more apprehensive because as school gets closer, so does the VMCAS deadline.  Speaking of which, I'm going to go work on that now that I have Cherie here to help me remember all the extracurricular junk I did in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment