06 September 2010

Overzealous

Who shows up to work on Labor Day?

This girl does, that's who!

To be fair, the vet and I had agreed that I would come on Monday this week, but I think it didn't occur to either of us that it would be Labor Day.  So when in doubt-show up!  And then when the clinic is dark and empty....get back in your car and go home!  So no playing doctor for me today =(

In other, more exciting news, I finished my first draft of my Personal Statement!  After days of agonizing over it I finally finished at approximately 4am yesterday.  Since then I've been sending it to everyone I know (and even some people I don't know) to get feedback.  I've gotten a lot of great input and once I hear back from everybody I'm going to put all the suggestions together and see what I come up with!

On today's agenda is writing my Explanation Statement and working on my Honors and Awards.  I've been avoiding the H&A because it's going to be a bear trying to think back to awards won all the way through high school.  But...it must be done, and when it is, my application will be complete!  Well, save for the supplemental application, the questions on which I hear are quite intense this year.  I also still have to keep on top of my evaluations and make sure those get done in time, which is probably the most challenging thing seeing as it's out of my control.

This application process is coming to a close so fast it's crazy.  After October 1st it's just a waiting game.  Then, if an interview is in the stars for me, another waiting game after that.  Have I mentioned that patience isn't my strong point?

No comments:

Post a Comment